Mushroom Soup Cappuccino
This wholesome, easy to make soup is delicious served as a starter.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 T (30 ml) butter or olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced. Reserve 4 for garnishing
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman's White Sauce Powder
- 3 cups (750 ml) of water
- 2 x 25 g Ina Paarman's Liquid Beef Stock
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman's Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh cream
- cocoa powder for dusting
Preheat a biggish heavy based saucepan over high heat. Add butter, wait until it foams and then add the onion, seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning. Stir-fry until the onion is golden and beginning to brown. Add the mushrooms and cook them with the onions until they start releasing water. Add the White Sauce Powder and cook for another minute while stirring.
Add the water, Beef Stock Powder and Garlic Pepper Seasoning. Turn the heat right down, put a lid on the saucepan and simmer very slowly for 15-20 minutes. Liquidise until smooth.
Slice the remaining 4 mushrooms very finely.
Dish the soup into small coffee cups.
Whip the cream.
Top each cup of soup with a spoonful of whipped cream and ‘stand’ one or two best mushroom slices up in the cream. Dust with cocoa powder.
Serve straight away.