The English mustard combined with our Cheese Sauce gives this weeknite favourite substance with only a gentle heat.
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Ina Paarman's Chicken Spice
- 2 T (30 ml) canola oil
- 1 T (15 ml) butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ t (2.5 ml) Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) white wine or apple juice
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman's Liquid Chicken Stock
- 1 T (15 ml) Hot English prepared mustard
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
Butterfly and season the chicken breasts with Chicken Spice and briefly brown the outsides in the oil and butter.
Remove the chicken to a plate and leave to stand. Don’t wash the pan.
Add the onion, seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning, to the pan and sauté until soft and golden ± 10 minutes.
Add sliced garlic and stir through.
Add the wine or apple juice, turn up the heat and reduce right out.
Mix together the water, Chicken Stock, mustard and Cheese Sauce. Add to the pan and bring to the boil.
Return breasts and any juice that may have leaked out, to the pan.
Cover with a lid, simmer very slowly for no more than 5 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and allow to stand in the warm sauce for another 5 minutes.
Serve with mashed potatoes and green vegetables in season.
Use one pork fillet cut into 2 cm thick medallions in place of chicken breasts.