Orange Ice Cream
These ready to serve orange ice cream swirls are a real treat.
YOU WILL NEED
- grated rind from 1 orange
- ½ cup (125 ml) frozen orange concentrate (unsweetened)
- ½ cup (125 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Lemon Cheesecake Mix
- 2 cups (500 ml) fresh cream
- 3 small oranges, thinly sliced with rind on
- zest of one orange
- gooseberries, optional
In a medium or large mixing bowl, measure the orange rind, orange concentrate and fresh orange juice. Add the Cheesecake Mix and beat until well blended.
Using the same beaters whip the cream in a medium size mixing bowl until it starts to hold its shape. Gently fold it into the cheesecake mixture. Spoon ice cream into a big piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Leave ice cream in the fridge to firm and then pipe onto thin slices of orange packed out on cling film. Freeze overnight. Sprinkle with orange zest and a few gooseberries to serve.
If you can’t get frozen orange concentrate use one cup of fresh orange juice and double the amount of orange zest.