Orange Malva Pudding
Ideal for outdoor cooking on a covered braai. We made this divine baked pudding in one 23 cm x 14 cm foil container and it rose so beautifully that there was not enough room to pour over all the topping (which we served on the side). Next time we make it we will use 2 containers and divide all the sauce between the two.
YOU WILL NEED
- 3 extra large eggs at room temperature
- ¾ cup (180 ml) canola oil
- ¾ cup (180 ml) fresh full cream milk, warmed
- 1 x 600 g Ina Paarman’s Vanilla Cake Mix
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh cream
- ½ cup (125 g) butter
- ½ cup (125 ml) white sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh orange juice or medium cream sherry
Boil all the ingredients for the Malva topping together for 2 minutes.
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter two 34 cm x 24 cm x 5 cm deep foil dishes. Beat eggs and oil for 1 minute until well blended. Add milk and beat for another minute. Add contents of pack and fold in with spatula until just combined. The mixture will be fairly soft and runny. Scrape mixture into prepared dishes. Bake on Weber or middle shelf of the oven for 35 – 40 minutes. Prick the top of the cakes all over with a fork and pour the Malva topping over while the cake is still hot. Serve with custard or ice cream.