Oven Baked Kabeljou with Cheese and Nuts
With only 5 ingredients you can create magic! A friend who caters for business lunches often uses this recipe.
YOU WILL NEED
- 700-800 g (about 4 good portions) of Kabeljou or Hake
- Ina Paarman's Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman’s White Sauce Powder or flour
- 200 ml Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
- ½ cup (50 g) pecan nuts, chopped
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
Season the fish and dust it with White Sauce Powder. Arrange in a single layer in a well buttered ovenproof dish. Bake open for 10 minutes. Spread the Cheese Sauce over the half baked fish with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle nuts over. Bake for a further 10 minutes. Delicious served with buttered parsley potatoes and a green salad dressed with our Creamy Herb Dressing.
Replace the Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning with our Fish Spice. Extra grated cheese can also be added if desired.