Posh Pap and Wors Bites
One of our most popular and affordable snacks!
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 cups (1 litre) water
- 3 T (45 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chicken Flavour Stock Powder
- 1 heaped cup (180 g) course yellow polenta (mieliemeal)
- 3 T (45 ml) butter
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated Italian hard cheese
- 500 g good quality thick boerewors
- 1 T (15 ml) canola oil
- Ina Paarman’s Peach Apricot Chutney
- flat leaf parsley
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
Bring the water to the boil and add the Stock Powder. Add the polenta in a thin stream to the stock while whisking with a wire whisk.
Cook slowly with the lid on for 10 – 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir in the butter and cheese. Oil 3 – 4 mini-muffin pans and fill the hollows with the polenta mixture.
Smooth the tops over neatly with a palette knife or scraper. Press a slight hollow in each with your thumb. Leave to stand overnight or for a couple of hours to firm in the fridge or at room temperature.
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 180°C. Place boerewors on an oiled griddle pan and bake for 20 – 30 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing into ½ cm thick rounds.
Remove the tartlets from the pan. Coat each one with Chutney. Add a leaf of parsley.
Top each tartlet with a slice of boerewors and a dash of Sun-dried Tomato Pesto.
Serve at room temperature or warm.