A brightly coloured cooling salad. Ideal served with any traditional curry dish.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 firm papino or half a paw-paw, cubed 2 cm x 2 cm
- 1 T (15 ml) brown sugar
- 2 T (30 ml) fish sauce
- 2 T (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman's Coriander Pesto
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- fresh coriander
Mix the chilli, garlic and cubed papino. Dissolve the brown sugar in the fish sauce and lemon juice. Add the Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning and Coriander Pesto. Mix to blend. Pour over the sambal and toss with the cherry tomatoes. Garnish with fresh coriander.