Parmesan-Crumbed Green Beans
Green beans are delicious tossed with Basil Pesto and Parmesan crumbs! Serve as a salad or hot vegetable.
YOU WILL NEED
- 250 g young green beans, trim off stem ends
- olive oil
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman’s Basil Pesto
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh, soft breadcrumbs
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Garlic Pepper Seasoning
Adjust the oven rack to one slot above the middle position. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Toss the green beans in a little olive oil and micro steam on full power for 3 minutes until half cooked.
Decant the Basil Pesto into a biggish mixing bowl. Add the warm green beans and toss to coat.
Mix grated cheese, breadcrumbs and Garlic Pepper Seasoning together. Sprinkle over green beans and toss.
Spread out on the baking sheet.
Roast for 7 minutes. Allow to cool.
Also delicious served hot as a vegetable with roast chicken.