Parsley, Fennel and Bean Salad Dressed with Balsamic Vinaigrette
A bean salad with a real difference! If you don’t like fennel leave it out. Substitute fresh green beans with a 400 g tin of drained butter beans.
YOU WILL NEED
- 200 g fine green beans, lightly steamed
- olive oil
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 1 cup (250 ml) flat leaf parsley, picked off the stems
- ½ cup (125 ml) coriander leaves, picked off the stems
- ½ cup (125 ml) mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 small heads of fennel (or 1 medium - large)
- Ina Paarman's Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Steam the green beans until they can easily be pierced with a fork, but are still bright green in colour. Toss with a dash of olive oil and season with Green Onion Seasoning.
Toss together the parsley tops, coriander leaves and mint. Slice the fennel bulbs finely into half moon slices and toss into the mix. Just before serving mix in the steamed green beans. Season the salad with Green Onion Seasoning. Drizzle with a generous amount of Vinaigrette and enjoy.