Parsley Risotto with Parmesan Crisps
Economical and Easy sums up this creamy risotto.
YOU WILL NEED
Parmesan Crisps (makes 4 x 6 cm crisps)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Parmesan or hard Italian cheese, finely grated
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
- 4 cups (1 litre) boiling water
- 4 t (20 ml) Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Stock Powder
- 2 T (30 ml) butter
- 2 T (30 ml) canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ t (2.5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 1 cup (250 ml) risotto rice (Arboria)
- ½ cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped flat leaf parsley
- Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- freshly ground black pepper
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Line a baking tray with baking paper. Mark off 4 x 6 cm circles. Spread heaped teaspoons of the grated cheese into the circles.
Bake for ± 10 minutes until the cheese is golden and crisp.
Leave to cool.
Mix the Cheese Sauce, boiling water and Vegetable Stock in a jug and keep on the side. Melt the butter and oil in a medium/large heavy based saucepan, add the onion, seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning, and sauté over medium heat until the onion is wilted and golden. Add all the rice at once and over high heat, stir-fry for 2 – 3 minutes until the rice has absorbed the butter and starts discolouring. Add the wine and boil fast until reduced out.
Now start adding the stock mixture, half a cup at a time. Keep stirring gently, over medium heat, until stock is absorbed, before adding the next half a cup. Continue like this until all the stock has been absorbed. It takes about 15 minutes. Switch off the stove and cover the saucepan with a lid. Leave to stand for about 5 minutes.
Stir through the parsley and season to taste with Vegetable Spice if necessary.
Dish into soup bowls. Serve with Parmesan Crisps and a grinding of black pepper.