Pasta with Broccoli
A good vegetarian main or side salad.
YOU WILL NEED
- 300 g dry shell shaped pasta
- 1 medium head of broccoli
- Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- 1 x 125 g Ina Paarman’s Basil Pesto
- 1 lemon, zest and 1 T (15 ml) juice
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (50 g) pecan nuts, roughly chopped and lightly toasted
Boil the pasta for 8 minutes.
Cut small florets off the broccoli and slice the stems into fine rounds. Add the prepared broccoli florets and stems to the pasta after 8 minutes and cook with the pasta for another 4 minutes.
Drain and reserve ½ cup (125 ml) of the cooking water and return the drained pasta, broccoli and reserved water to the pot.
Season with Vegetable Spice and toss with 1 T (15 ml) of olive oil.
Add Pesto, lemon zest, 1 T (15 ml) of lemon juice, chilli and grated cheese.
Stir this aromatic paste into the pasta.
Dish up and top with nuts.
For a non-vegetarian option, add 1 tin (50 g) of anchovy fillets in oil.