Pasta with Potatoes and Pesto
This one-pot pasta and vegetable dish is delicious served as a vegetarian main or as an accompaniment to chicken. Please pay careful attention to the timing of the noodles, and vegetables, we have calculated it to the last minute.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman's Vegetable Stock Powder
- 250 g wholewheat screw noodles
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed 1 cm x 1 cm
- 200 g fine green beans, trim stem ends and cut beans in half
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Pasta Spice
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
- ± 4 T (60 ml) Ina Paarman's Basil Pesto
- ½ cup (125 ml) finely grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
Bring 2 litres of water to the boil in a big saucepan (use boiling water from the kettle to speed things up). Add Vegetable Stock Powder, noodles and cubed potatoes. Boil briskly for 8 minutes. Add green beans and boil for ± 5 minutes until tender.
Drain and reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
Return cooked ingredients to the saucepan and add Pasta Spice, olive oil and Basil Pesto. Toss gently and add some/or all of the reserved pasta water to create a sauce.
Dish into pasta bowls. Sprinkle cheese over and top with freshly ground black pepper. Serve with a tossed salad dressed with our Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette.