Penne with Bacon and Mushrooms
Pasta tonight? Try this substantial family meal with bacon, mushrooms and our Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce.
YOU WILL NEED
- 400 g penne pasta
- 6 cups (1½ litres) boiling water
- olive oil
- Ina Paarman's Pasta Spice
- 8 rashers streaky bacon or pancetta
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 250 g portobellini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 400 g Ina Paarman's Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
Boil the pasta in unsalted water, according to pack instructions.
Toss the cooked, drained pasta with 1 T (15 ml) olive oil. Season with Pasta Spice. Sauté the bacon in 2 T (30 ml) olive oil until crisp, drain on paper and break into smaller pieces when cold enough to handle.
Add the onions, pre-seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning, to the remaining bacon fat in the pan. Sauté the onions over medium heat until soft, add the mushrooms and stir-fry together for 1 minute. Add the Pasta Sauce and warm through. Toss the pasta with the sauce.
Top with bacon pieces and grated parmesan. Great with a green salad.