Penne with Mince and Creamed Mushrooms
A real meal-in-one crowd pleaser. Delicious cold the next day in a lunch box.
YOU WILL NEED
- 500 g extra lean mince or a mixture of beef and ostrich
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Beef Flavour Stock Powder
- canola or olive oil
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Mushroom Sauce
- parsley to garnish
- 400 g penne
- 200 g (4 handfuls) baby spinach, washed
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Pasta Spice
Preheat a large, heavy frying pan until very hot. Sprinkle the Stock Powder over the meat. Add 2 T of the oil and stir-fry the meat in two batches until nicely browned. Spoon meat out on a plate and season with Garlic Pepper Seasoning. Add a little more oil to the pan and brown the onion pre-seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry until they start drawing water. Add Mushroom Sauce. Add the meat and stir in, simmer for 5 minutes.
Boil the penne in unsalted water for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and boil for a further 2-3 minutes until the pasta is cooked and the spinach bright green. Drain and toss with the olive oil and Pasta Spice. Dish onto deep soup plates. Top with meat and mushroom sauce. Sprinkle with parsley. All you need is a green salad and a glass of red wine!