Peri-Peri Chicken with Sweet Peppers
Robust, colourful, traditional and delicious. This dish improves with standing. Make it the day before if time permits. Add the fresh gremolata topping just before serving.
YOU WILL NEED
- 8 chicken thighs or drumsticks or a mixture of the two
- Ina Paarman's Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 500 g whole baby onions, peeled and cut in half
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 whole garlic cloves, cut in slivers lengthways
- 1 cup (250 ml) hot water mixed with 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken or Vegetable Stock Powder
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Peri-Peri Coat & Cook Sauce
- Gremolata to sprinkle over
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 T (15 ml) grated lemon rind
Adjust oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Season the chicken all over with Garlic & Herb Seasoning. Keep on one side.
Prepare the vegetables and toss together in a large ovenproof dish. Season lightly with Garlic & Herb Seasoning and add stock mixture.
Place chicken on top of vegetables. Pour Peri-Peri Sauce over. Cover dish. If pre-preparing, refrigerate at this stage. Bake open for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with gremolata.
Delicious with Portuguese bread and a green salad dressed with Ina Paarman’s Creamy Herb Dressing.
Mix all ingredients together.
Photo: Toby Murphy Styling: Bernice Troost for Platteland Magazine
If you prefer a hotter peri-peri add a sprinkling of our Chilli & Garlic Seasoning.