Peri-Peri Nachos with Fried Eggs
This will become your party piece for brunch. Our tasters raved about the delicious combination of crispy nachos, spicy sauce and perfectly fried eggs. Do watch the video so you don’t miss any of the tricks of the trade! Do not prepare this dish in advance or the chips will become soggy. Prep everything beforehand but assemble and bake at the last minute.
YOU WILL NEED
- 250 g plain Nacho Chips
- 2 cups (500 ml) cherry tomatoes
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Peri-Peri Coat & Cook Sauce
- 1 wheel (60 g) of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
- ½ cup (125 ml) mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 t (5 ml) butter
- canola or olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- flaked salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 - 6 radishes, thinly sliced or halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh coriander
- 2 small limes cut into wedges
- small chillies (optional)
Adjust the oven shelf to the middle position. Preheat oven to 200ºC.
Crush chips and decant into a biggish flat ovenproof dish (see video) Place cherry tomatoes, skin on, and the Peri-Peri Sauce in a food processor and chop to a textured sauce consistency. Pour over the nacho chips, do this just before baking.
Sprinkle feta over and cover with Cheese Sauce. Top with grated cheese. Bake for 15 minutes until heated through.
In the meantime, melt butter in a non-stick frying pan, add a drizzle of oil. Add eggs one at a time. When the whites are half set, add a little water and cover with a lid. Leave eggs over low heat until whites are just set but yolks are still runny.
Remove nacho dish from the oven and top with fried eggs. Season eggs very lightly with flaked salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Serve with side bowls of condiments e.g. red onion, radishes, fresh coriander (or Coriander Pesto), lime wedges and fresh chillies. Must be served straight away.