Pickled Cucumber and Onion Salad
A handy long life salad to have in the fridge.
YOU WILL NEED
- ¼ cup (60 ml) white wine or cider vinegar
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 1 medium onion, cut into half rings
- 1 small English cucumber, finely sliced
- fresh basil or coriander
- Ina Paarman’s Herb Dressing
Mix all the ingredients for pickling liquid together and stir well to dissolve sugar. Add sliced vegetables and stir. Leave in the pickling liquid for ± 20 – 25 minutes or up to 1 hour.
Drain, toss with basil and dress at the table with Herb Dressing.