Pork Roll with Honey Mustard
One of our favourite recipes! The apple, onion and Honey Mustard Sauce simply compliments the pork to perfection. The long slow cooking method prevents the pork from becoming dry.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 x 800 g pork neck or rolled pork roast
- Ina Paarman’s Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- 3 apples unpeeled, cored and cut into eighths
- 500 g whole baby onions, peeled
- handful of chopped parsley
- 1 cup (250 ml) hot water
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chicken or Vegetable Stock Powder
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Honey & Mustard Coat & Cook Sauce
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 160°C.
Season the meat well with the Lemon & Black Pepper seasoning all round.
Mix the apples, onion and parsley in a medium size ovenproof casserole.
Add Stock Powder to hot water and pour the stock over the apple mixture and position the meat on top of it.
Pour the Honey Mustard Sauce over the meat. Place the lid on the casserole or cover with foil and bake for 2½ hours. Slice into thin slices for serving.
Delicious with buttered parsley potatoes and steamed green beans or a green salad dressed with Ina Paarman’s Herb or Honey Mustard Dressing.
Replace pork with chicken thighs and bake for 1½ hours at 180°C.