Potato and Carrot Bake
A vegetarian option is always good. We all know how delicious cold potatoes can be!
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 kg potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 T (30 ml) oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 t (10ml) Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 2 t (10 ml) fresh thyme stripped off the stems
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh cream
- 2 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Vegetable Stock
- 2 large carrots grated
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
- 2 T (30 ml) butter, cut into small pieces
Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes in 2 cups (500 ml) of water, slice into thin rounds.
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a medium ovenproof baking dish.
Sauté the onion in the oil with Green Onion Seasoning. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is soft and golden. Transfer onion to a bowl and add thyme. Add water, cream and Stock Sachets to now empty pan and bring to simmer over medium-high heat, scraping bottom of pan to loosen any browned bits.
Transfer sliced potatoes to bowl with onion mixture, add grated carrots, toss gently to combine. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Carefully pour hot stock over vegetables. Drizzle Cheese Sauce over. Dot surface evenly with butter.
Bake, uncovered for 35 – 45 mins until potatoes are tender and golden brown and the liquid has been absorbed.
Garnish with fresh herbs.