Prawn Paté with Smoked Salmon and Melba Toast
This paté is one of our most successful paté recipes. Here we have dressed it up with salmon roses for Christmas. Both the toast and the pate can be made a day or two in advance.
YOU WILL NEED
- 400 g frozen, peeled prawns
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- ¼ t (1 ml) grated nutmeg (no more!)
- 2 t (10 ml) grated lemon rind
- 1 T (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 3 T (45 ml) butter
- 250 g tub creamed cottage cheese
- Ina Paarman's Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- 200 g smoked salmon trout ribbons
- caper berries
Defrost prawns by rinsing them in a colander under lukewarm tap water. Shake off all excess water. Season with Chilli & Garlic Seasoning, nutmeg, lemon rind and lemon juice. Heat the butter until foamy and beginning to brown in a heavy based frying pan. Add the seasoned prawns.
Stir-fry until firm and pinkish. Allow to cool slightly. Decant the cottage cheese into a food processor, add half the prawns and process until smooth. Add the remaining prawns and any left over butter and pulse 10 times, so that some texture remains. Taste, and season with Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning.
Dish mixture into small individual ramekins. Cover and refrigerate. Garnish with salmon roses and caper berries.
Serve with (ciabatta-melba-toast)