Quick Coronation Chicken with Curried Rice Salad
One of our vintage recipes, always a hit! Can be served warmed or at room temperature.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 chicken cooked, bones removed and shredded (a supermarket rotisserie chicken works well)
- Ina Paarman’s Masala Spice to taste
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Butter Chicken Coat & Cook Sauce or Creamy Curry Ready to Serve Sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Ina Paarman’s 1000 Island Dressing
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh cream
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman’s Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- fresh coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
Season the shredded chicken with Masala Spice. Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Add to the chicken and toss through. Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight to develop the flavour. Good garnished with fresh coriander leaves and served with a Curried Rice Salad.
Substitute turkey for the chicken. Ideal “after Christmas” fare.
As an optional extra, serve with wilted Swiss Chard.