Quinoa Salad with Honey & Mustard Roasted Vegetables
Over a medium heat in a small saucepan, boil Quinoa in 1 cup of water and stock until cooked; add more of the water if the quinoa dries up too quickly.
Preheat oven to 220°C and lightly grease a large baking tray, set aside.
Chop up all veggies, place in baking pan and season with the salt, pepper and oregano.
Bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until slightly browned.
Remove veggies from the oven just before they are completely cooked and coat in half a packet (100 ml) of Ina Paarman’s Honey & Mustard Coat & Cook Sauce.
Set the oven to grill and let the veggies caramelise for about five minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven, add the quinoa to the vegetables, and stir until combined.
Serve warm or wait until the salad has cooled to room temperature.
Top with slices of avocado and sprigs of rocket if desired.
Tips for the Quinoa Salad
- Add the Honey Mustard during the last 5 – 10 minutes of roasting.
- Ensure all the vegetables and potatoes are nice and browned before adding the sauce.
- Top the salad with seeds, avocado or rocket if desired.
- If you want to make a bigger portion that serves four, simply double the recipe.
- Stored in an airtight container it should keep for at least three days.
- Make a big batch in advance on a Sunday for a Meat Free Monday dinner.