It is really worth the little extra trouble to stir-fry the vegetables in the suggested pairs, to guarantee maximum individual flavour. This is quite a large recipe but I always freeze some of it to get two or three meals with one effort.
YOU WILL NEED
- 6 T (90 ml) olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 red peppers, halved, seeded and sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 aubergines, skin on, cut into blocks
- 6 courgettes, cut into 4 mm slices
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 - 3 t (10 - 15 ml) Ina Paarman's Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Sun-dried Tomato Coat & Cook Sauce
Heat 2 T olive oil in heavy bottomed medium sized saucepan. Add the sliced onions and peppers and sauté until onions are transparent and peppers wilted. Lower heat and continue to cook the vegetables for 3 minutes, stirring from time to time. Transfer to a large bowl and reserve.
Add another 2 T olive oil to the pan. Add the chopped garlic and diced aubergines and cook for 5 minutes. Add to cooked vegetables and reserve. Add final 2 T olive oil and add the courgette slices and tomato wedges. Cook for 5 minutes. Return all the reserved vegetables to the pan.
Season with Garlic & Herb Seasoning.
Add Sun-dried Tomato Sauce and simmer for 3 minutes. Delicious hot, as a vegetable, or cold as a salad the next day.
Excellent for freezing and high in vitamin and mineral content. An ideal vegetarian main course if served with cheese and bread.