Red Pepper Starter with Feta and Capers
A delicious, sophisticated and glamorous starter
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 fleshy, red bell peppers
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 T (30ml) capers and/or caper berries
- peel of 1 preserved lemon, cut into small pieces or fresh lemon slivers (see Ina’s Tip)
- Ina Paarman's Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- Ina Paarman's Reduced Oil Greek Dressing
Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 220°C.
Bake the peppers on a rack over a roasting pan for about 20-25 minutes until blistered and blackening on the outside.
Place them in a glass mixing bowl and cover tightly with clingfilm. Leave to sweat and cool down.
In the process the skin will loosen itself from the flesh. Pull off the blistered skin (it does not matter if a bit remains here and there). Remove the stems and seeds. Cut the peppers lengthways into 1-2 cm strips.
Arrange pepper strips on individual plates.
Add the crumbled feta, capers and lemon. Season lightly with Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning. Pour over the Dressing.
Serve with fresh bread to mop up the delicious juices.
If preserved lemons are not available, cut ½ a lemon into paper thin half moon slices. Quarter the slices and use in the salad. View our (preserved-lemons) recipe