Red Rice Salad
The colour contrast in this salad adds to its appetite appeal, you can also add some halved cherry tomatoes if you like.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 cups (400 g) long grain rice
- 5 cups (1,250 litres) water
- 1½ T (22,5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chicken or Vegetable Stock Powder
- 410g tin red kidney beans, drained
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning or to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, pipped and finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) Ina Paarman's Creamy Herb Dressing
Cook the rice in the water with Chicken Stock added. It will take about 20 minutes.
Add the beans to the rice together with the Green Onion Seasoning. Add the bell pepper, red onion and Dressing. Stir through. Taste for seasoning.