Red Velvet Cream Slices
Bake the cake in a swissroll pan. Cut it in half lengthways and sandwich the halves together. Cut sandwiched cake into portions and decorate the tops. The gold dust is available at baking shops.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup (180 ml) canola oil
- ¼ cup (60 g) butter, melted
- ¾ cup (180 ml) fresh full cream milk, warmed
- 1 x 580 g Ina Paarman’s Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 cups (500 ml) fresh cream
- 5 T (75 ml) Ina Paarman’s Lemon Flavour Cheesecake Mix
- gold dust for decorating (optional)
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the base of a swissroll pan, 36 cm x 25 cm, with baking paper.
Mix cake according to box instructions. Pour mixture into swissroll pan and bake for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Half whip the cream then sprinkle over the dry Cheesecake Mix and beat until firm.
Divide the cake in half to make two slabs.
Spread ⅓ of the cream on one half of the cake. Place the best side on top. Generously pipe the remaining cream over the tops of the cakes.
Cut into neat portions. Sprinkle with gold dust if using.