Red Velvet Fruit Cupcakes
One of my favourite recipes!
YOU WILL NEED
- ¾ cup (180 ml) boiling water
- 1 rooibos tea bag
- 500 g fruit cake mix
- 3 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup (180 ml) canola oil
- ¼ cup (60 g) butter, melted
- ¾ cup (180 ml) fresh full cream milk, warmed
- 1 x 580 g Ina Paarman’s Red Velvet Cake Mix
Pour the boiling water over the tea bag in a medium mixing bowl. Allow to draw.
Squeeze the tea bag out and add the fruit mix. Mix thoroughly, cover with clingfilm and microwave for 2 minutes on high. Leave to stand for at least 30 minutes to hydrate the fruit and cool the mixture.
Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 180°C.
Line 2 muffin pans with paper cups.
Beat the eggs together with the oil and melted butter for 1 minute. Add the warmed milk and beat in. Add half the dry Cake Mix and all the fruit and any remaining liquid. Fold in the remaining dry Cake Mix. Spoon mixture into paper cups. Bake cupcakes for 20 minutes. Leave to cool.