Roasted Bell Pepper and White Bean Salad
Bean salads are high fashion. Combine the beans with roasted peppers and dress with a dressing that will cater for vegetarian guests as well.
YOU WILL NEED
- 3 red bell peppers
- Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- 400 g tin of small white Borlotti beans (drained)
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) calamata olives, pipped
- 1 small punnet of rocket
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Ina Paarman’s Balsamic or Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 2 - 3 T (30 - 45 ml) Ina Paarman’s Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- 2 T (30 ml) chopped parsley
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 200°C. Place peppers on a baking sheet and roast for ± 30 minutes until blistered. Cover a bowl with a plate on top to steam the peppers and loosen the skins. Leave to stand for ± 10 minutes. Pull off the skins and remove stems, cores and pips. Slice into thin strips. Season with Vegetable Spice. Toss together peppers, drained beans and olives. Mix dressing ingredients together and leave to stand.
Line a platter with rocket, pile the salad on top. Drizzle with dressing and top with parsley.
Instead of Borlotti Beans use Butter Beans.