Roasted Butternut and Feta Frittata
This dish combines two of South Africa’s favourite traditional ingredients, butternut and feta. The whole cooking process is done in the oven using a frying pan or large ovenproof dish. A delicious vegetarian option for the whole family. Serve for brunch, lunch or supper.
YOU WILL NEED
- vegetable peeler
- small sharp knife
- chopping board
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing bowl
- measuring jug
- wire whisk
- large ovenproof frying pan or dish
- 1 small butternut, peeled and cut into 2 x 2 cm blocks
- 1 cup (150 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium/large onion, coarsely chopped
- Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Ina Paarman’s Creamy Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup (60 ml) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup (180 ml) fresh full cream milk
- ½ t (2.5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 200°C.
Mix the butternut cubes, halved tomatoes and onion in a mixing bowl, season with 1 t (5 ml) Vegetable Spice and pour over Honey Mustard Dressing. Stir through.
Spread out in a large ovenproof frying pan and roast for 30 – 35 minutes until vegetables are browning and softening. Leave to cool for 5 – 10 minutes. In the meantime, beat the eggs, milk and ½ t (2,5 ml) Vegetable Spice together.
Sprinkle the feta over the vegetables. Pour egg mixture over and mix in lightly. Return pan to the oven and bake for 15 – 18 minutes until golden brown and firm.
Serve in wedges with a salad and fresh bread.