Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Almonds
All the cabbage family vegetables are now in season. Roasted cauliflower has a smokey sweet flavour, delicious with crunchy, chopped toasted almonds and Italian cheese.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into large florets and then sliced once or twice through the stems to form ‘little trees’
- 10 garlic cloves, cut in half, lengthways
- 1 cup (100 g) raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 3 T (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated Italian hard cheese
- 1 T (15 ml) zested lemon rind
- Ina Paarman’s Reduced Oil Greek Dressing
- micro greens (optional)
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 200°C.
Toss the cauliflower, garlic, almonds, olive oil and Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning together. Spread out on a large baking tray. Bake for 10 – 13 minutes.
In the meantime mix the cheese and lemon rind together.
Leave roasted cauliflower at room temperature. Before serving, sprinkle with cheese mixture and dress with Greek Dressing. Top with micro greens if using.