Roasted Red Pepper and Onion Salad
Pre-prepare the roasted vegetables the day before. As you can see the bright festive colours of this salad will add a real feeling of celebration to your table.
YOU WILL NEED
- 3 medium red or brown onions, peeled
- 3 red bell peppers, pipped
- 1 x 240 Ina Paarman's Sundried Tomato Quarters, drained
- Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- Ina Paarman's Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 pillow pack of salad leaves
Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 200°C.
Cut each onion into eight wedges. Halve the peppers lengthways and cut each half into 4 long strips.
Toss onions, peppers and Tomato Quarters in a roasting pan with Green Onion Seasoning and ½ cup Vinaigrette.
Roast open for ± 30 minutes until nicely browned. Spoon out the vegetables and add another ½ cup of Vinaigrette to the pan juices, stir over heat until everything is amalgamated. Decant this dressing into a screw top bottle and keep in the fridge.
Line a platter with leaves, dot with roasted vegetables. Drizzle with reserved dressing and finally grind over some freshly ground black pepper.