Roasted Red Salad
The beautiful colours of this ‘make ahead of time’ salad is a Festive Feast! Our Classic Greek Dressing compliments this salad perfectly.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into cubes
- 2 red onions, peeled, cut into quarters and broken apart
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into fine julienne strips
- Ina Paarman's Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- ¾ cup (180 ml) Ina Paarman's Reduced Oil Greek Dressing
- 2 medium beetroot, peeled
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Toss the red peppers, onions and carrots together in an ovenproof dish, spread out and season with Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning and ½ cup of the Dressing. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven.
Leave the vegetables to cool down. Grate the raw beetroot but keep on one side. Cut the tomatoes in half and season with Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning.
To assemble: (just before serving)
Toss all the vegetables together. Dress with the remaining Dressing.
**Never** refrigerate tomatoes. They become ripe and sweet if stored, at room temperature.