Need to feed the kids? Try this straightforward oven baked egg dish, served with some microwaved vegetables.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 muffin pan
- pastry brush
- small knife
- measuring cup
- microwave safe dish with lid or clingfilm
- 2 dinner plates
- A little oil to brush the muffin hollows
- 4 thin slices of large salami (10cm diameter)
- 2 eggs
- Ina Paarman's Chicken Spice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) grated cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) mixed frozen vegetables (peas, carrots and corn mix)
- 2 T (30 ml) water
- 1 t (5 ml) olive oil or butter
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman's Vegetable Spice
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 180°C.
Brush two of the muffin hollows with a little oil.
Cut a slit in each salami, from the middle to the edge. Overlap the cut edges and line 2 hollows of the muffin pan with 2 slices of salami, pushing them firmly down to take the shape of the hollow. Break an egg into each.
Season eggs lightly with Chicken Spice.
Top with grated cheese.
Bake for ± 10 minutes.
While the eggs are baking, measure the vegetables into a smallish microwave safe dish. Add water, cover. Cook on high for ± 4 minutes until just done. Add oil or butter and Vegetable Spice and stir through.
Dish vegetables onto two plates, top with salami nests and enjoy!