Salmon Trout Rolls on Summer Salad
A pretty starter that can be partly prepared up to two days in advance.
YOU WILL NEED
- 200 g smoked salmon trout ribbons
- 250 g tub creamed cottage cheese
- 2 t (10 ml) freshly grated lemon rind
- 3 T (45 ml) fresh chives, finely sliced
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- 1 t (5 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 packets wild rocket
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 6-8 caper berries with stems
- Ina Paarman's Classic French Dressing
Flatten the strips of salmon on a chopping board. Mix together the creamed cottage cheese, lemon rind, chives, Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning and lemon juice. Spread this mixture over the salmon strips and then roll them up, starting at the thinnest end.
Wrap each little roll in cling film – twist the ends to squash them into firm little mini salamis. Refrigerate for up to 2 days until needed.
Arrange rocket and butter lettuce on medium size plates. Top with sliced salmon rolls. Garnish with capers. Dress the salads just before serving with French Vinaigrette.
* If you have some of our Sundried Tomato Quarters in the fridge, add a few slivers here and there for a real festive colour scheme.
* Utilise every bit of salmon by overlapping leftover pieces before spreading with filling and rolling.