Another reliable recipe to add to your collection from Sam Linsell of Drizzle and Dip fame.
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chicken Spice
- 2 T (30 ml) flour
- olive oil
- 250 g portobellini or button mushrooms, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 T (15 ml) thyme leaves, stripped off the stalks
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Chicken Stock
- 1⁄2 cup (125 ml) hot water
- 1⁄2 pack of Ina Paarman’s Sun-dried Tomato Quarters, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup (125 ml) fresh cream
- fresh thyme to garnish
Cut each of the chicken breasts in half sideways through the middle so as to create two thinner slices of breast. This allows for quicker and more even cooking. Mix Chicken Spice and flour in a plastic bag. Add chicken and shake until lightly coated. Heat 2 T (30 ml) of olive oil in a pan and fry the chicken very briefly until golden on both sides. Remove and set aside on a plate. In the same pan heat another 2 T (30 ml) of olive oil and fry the mushrooms until just before they start to draw water. Add garlic and thyme. Add the Chicken Stock and water. Bring to a rapid boil and cook without a lid to concentrate the sauce a little. Add Sun-dried Tomatoes and 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) of the vinaigrette in which they are packed and cream. Stir to heat through. Put the chicken and juices back into the pan and warm through. Turn the chicken in the sauce while bringing it to the boil. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve with buttered noodles and a green salad, dressed with our Creamy Herb Dressing.