A delicious protein-rich lunch or supper dish.
YOU WILL NEED
- pair of scissors
- medium mixing bowl
- serrated bread knife
- baking tray
- oven gloves
- 4 pork, beef or chicken sausages
- 2 T (30 ml) chopped parsley or sage
- 1 cup (250 ml) mozzarella or gouda cheese, grated
- 1 short fresh, French loaf OR 4 - 5 slices of sandwich loaf
- 3 T (45 ml) Ina Paarman’s Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 2 T (30 ml ) olive oil
Adjust oven rack to one slot above the middle shelf.
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Using a pair of scissors, snip the sausages to open the skin and squeeze the sausage meat into a bowl.
Add the chopped parsley or sage and the cheese.
Use a spoon or a fork to mix everything together.
Slice the French loaf on the diagonal into 1 cm thick slices. You may also use ordinary sliced bread.
Place the bread onto a baking tray and squeeze and spread the Sun-dried Tomato Pesto over. Pile the sausage mixture onto each slice.
Place the baking tray in the oven, and bake for 15 – 20 minutes. The bread should be crisp and toasted, the sausages will be cooked, and the cheese melted.
Enjoy for supper. Delicious cold for your lunch box the next day.