Sausages with Lentils
Our whole team raved about this simple family meal. Also delicious done with chicken drumsticks or thighs, in that case oven bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 T (30 ml) olive or canola oil
- 500 g pork, chicken or beef sausages
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 2 sprigs thyme, stripped from the stalks
- 1 x 125 g Ina Paarman’s Roasted Red Pepper or Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 400 g tin lentils, drained
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chicken Flavour Stock Powder
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 180°C.
Use a heavy base frying pan.
On top of the stove brown the sausages slowly in the oil over very gentle heat. Remove to a plate.
Add the onion, seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning, and sauté until lightly browned. Add thyme.
Add Pesto, drained lentils, Stock Powder and water and stir to mix.
Arrange sausages on top of lentils.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Serve with fresh bread and a green salad dressed with our Red Wine Vinaigrette.