Savoury Mince on Cauli and One Potato Mash
This mince will remind you of something your mother or grandmother made. It is even better the next day on toast for breakfast or spread on a lunchbox sandwich.
YOU WILL NEED
Cauli and one potato mash
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman's Meat Spice
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman's Roast Onion Soup and Gravy Powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Beef Stock
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman's Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 1½ T (22.5 ml) Worcester sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen peas
- 1 large potato peeled and cut into blocks
- 1 head of cauliflower broken into florets.
- ½ cup (125 ml) milk
- 2 T (30 ml) butter
- 1 - 2 t (5 - 10 ml) Ina Paarman's Vegetable Spice
Warm a heavy based frying pan. Add oil, swivel the pan and add chopped onion and Meat Spice. Stir-fry the onion until it starts to brown and soften. Add the mince, using a fork to break up the lumps and stir-fry the meat until crumbly and cooked. Sprinkle Roast Onion Soup Powder over.
Cook over high while stirring for one minute. Add water and bring mixture to the boil, add undiluted Stock Concentrate, Tomato Pesto, Worcester Sauce and grated carrot. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the frozen peas during the final 10 min.
Steam the potato until beginning to soften. Add the cauliflower and steam together until cauliflower is soft. Mash, using a ricer or potato masher. Mix with milk, butter and Vegetable Spice.
Serve mince on the side, with the mash – only a green salad or seasoned vegetable is required with this family meal in one.