Savoury Mince with Mushrooms
Everybody enjoys this hearty mince and mushroom dish, the leftovers, on toast or on a sandwich the next day, are just the best!
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 - 3 T (30 - 45 ml) canola oil
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Brown Gravy Powder or Roast Onion Soup & Gravy Powder
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Beef Stock
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Ina Paarman’s Peach Apricot Chutney
- 1 T (15 ml) lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- Ina Paarman's Garlic Pepper Seasoning to taste
Heat a heavy based frying pan. Add the oil. When shimmering, add the mince. Break it up with a fork, cook while stir-frying over high heat, until the mince becomes crumbly. Sprinkle Brown Gravy Powder over, stir it in. Spoon mince out of pan and keep on one side.
Add a little more oil to the pan and add the onions seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning. Stir-fry over medium heat until golden and soft. Add the mushrooms to the onions, turn the heat up to high and sauté the mushrooms until just glazed and beginning to wilt. Stir in undiluted Liquid Stock.
Add cooked mince. Add Chutney, lemon juice and water. Simmer slowly with a lid on for 10 minutes. Season mixture with Garlic Pepper Seasoning, to taste.
Serve with rice, mashed potatoes or polenta accompanied by seasonal vegetables.
Add 2 grated tomatoes and reduce the water to ¼ cup (60 ml).