Seafood Salad with Nectarines
A lovely combination of fruit and seafood. A light starter that complements the main course really well. Ideal to prepare the components in advance and to assemble just before serving.
YOU WILL NEED
- 12 – 18 mussels
- Ina Paarman’s Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- watercress and/or lambs lettuce
- 3 ripe nectarines, cut into small wedges
- 200 g smoked salmon Trout ribbons
- Ina Paarman’s Classic Red Wine Vinaigrette
- fresh fennel or dill to garnish
Steam the mussels until just opened.
Remove the top shell and season mussels lightly with Chilli & Garlic Seasoning.
Line serving bowls with salad leaves.
Add small nectarine wedges, mussels on the half shell and salmon ribbons. Dress just before serving with a sprinkle of Red Wine Vinaigrette. Garnish with fresh fennel.
Keep cool on crushed ice.
Add a handful of coarse salt to the crushed ice – it lowers the temperature and slows down melting.