Our excellent ready to use Fish Stock is a necessary ingredient to form the basis of this delicious seafood soup, this soup is an excellent meal in one if served with bread and a salad.
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 T (60 ml) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 T (45 ml) flour
- 1 t (5 ml) turmeric
- 3 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Fish Stock
- 4 cups (1 litre) hot water
- grated rind of one lemon
- 200 - 300 g firm white fish like kingklip, yellowtail or angelfish, skinned and cubed
- 200 g tiger prawns, de-veined
- Ina Paarman’s Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh cream
- 2 T (30 ml) parsley, chopped
Sauté the onion and celery in the butter until soft. Add the flour and turmeric, blending it in to form a roux.
Add the Fish Stock, water and lemon rind. Bring to the boil, turn the heat right down and add the fish and prawns.
Simmer very slowly for no more than 10 minutes, be sure not to overcook the fish.
Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Add the cream and parsley just before serving.
Serve the seafood soup with a spoonful of rouille, a lively mayo mixture, stirred into each bowl of soup
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman’s Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 slice white bread, soaked in fish stock (use 1 x 25 g sachet of our Liquid Fish Stock and ½ cup (125 ml) hot water)
- 2 T (30 ml) mayonnaise
Blend everything together to form a smooth sauce.