Side of Salmon with Asian Flavours
Marinating the salmon cuts the oiliness and the oriental ingredients add excitement.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 side of Salmon ± 800 g
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 T (30 ml) fresh lemon thyme leaves
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- 2 T (30 ml) peanut or canola oil
- lemon thyme for garnish
Mix all the marinade ingredients together. Place the fish, skin side down on a large ovenproof platter and spread the marinade over the meaty side. Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Remove the cling film and bake the fish open for 20-25 minutes.
Serve at room temperature, still slightly warm or well chilled. It tastes great at any temperature.
Garnish with fresh lemon thyme.
Do take the trouble to get fresh lemon thyme – the nursery is your best bet. It will thrive in a pot in any sunny spot.