Slimmer’s Fish Parcels with Bell Peppers
An economical, low GI method to prepare fish that gives delicious results. The parcels are opened at the table to release the wonderful aroma, or alternately prepare it in an ovenproof dish and cover the dish with wet greaseproof paper before baking.
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 squares of greaseproof paper 70 cm x 70 cm
- 4 medium potatoes, parboiled with skins on
- Ina Paarman's Potato Spice
- 4 fish fillets, skinned and boned (e.g. Hake or Dorado)
- 4 t (20 ml) Ina Paarman's Cajun Spice
- 4 T (60 ml) Ina Paarman's Tomato Pesto
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- sprigs of thyme
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 180°C.
Fold a square of greaseproof paper in half and trim to make a big heart shape. Open the trimmed heart flat on the table.
Rub the tiniest amount of oil over the centre part of the heart. Slice potatoes and pack out on one half of each heart. Leave a wide margin around the outer edges.
Season the potatoes with Potato Spice. Place the fish on the potatoes and sprinkle generously with Cajun Spice. Squeeze and spread the Tomato Pesto over the fish. Divide diced peppers between the fish parcels. Season with a little more Cajun Spice. Place a twig of thyme on top of peppers.
Close the parcel by making deep folds all around the outer edges. Start at the top of the heart and finish at the point. Secure the last fold with a paper clip.
Place the parcels on a baking sheet. (can be pre-prepared and refrigerated to this stage). Bake for 25 minutes. Leave to rest for 5 minutes. Serve with a green salad dressed with our Honey Mustard or Lime & Coriander Dressing.