Learn how to cook pasta to perfection and then serve it with our Bolognaise Pasta Sauce. Calculate 75 – 100 g dry spaghetti per person.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 large saucepan
- 1 small saucepan
- large spoon
- small glass mixing bowl
- small sharp knife
- chopping board
- 300 g dry spaghetti
- boiling water
- 2 T (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Pasta Spice
- 1 x 400 ml Ina Paarman's Beef Bolognaise Pasta Sauce
- 2 very ripe tomatoes
- 1 t (5 ml) sugar
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- ½ cup (125 ml) freshly grated Italian hard cheese (optional)
Cook the spaghetti in enough boiling water to cover it by 10 cm. No salt please.
When the spaghetti is cooked (about 8 – 10 minutes) strain off the water in a colander, return spaghetti to the saucepan and immediately toss with olive oil and Pasta Spice. Keep on one side with lid half on to stay warm.
Decant the Sauce into a small saucepan. Rinse the pasta bottle with a little water to clean out every bit of sauce and add it to the sauce.
Pour boiling water over the tomatoes (see illustration). Leave to stand for 3 minutes and pull off the skins. Chop the tomatoes finely, add to the sauce together with the sugar and Garlic Pepper Seasoning. Bring just to the boil. Toss the sauce with the spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese if using.
- Cut around the ‘eye’ of the tomato and remove it. Cut across into the base of the tomato just cut through the skin.
- Pour boiling water over and leave to stand for 3 – 5 minutes. Starting at the base, pull the skin away from the flesh. Cut tomato in half. Put flat side on a chopping board and cut into small blocks.
- Cut the tomato in half, put flat side down and slice one way, turn and dice across the slices.