Smoked Beetroot and Yoghurt Salad
On a recent trip to London we spotted this salad in the Harrods salad bar. Try it, it is delicious. A fuss free salad. The olives are optional.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 cup (250 ml) full cream plain yoghurt
- 1 x 300 g Ina Paarman’s Roasted Beetroot, cut in half - reserve ¼ cup of the marinade
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced in half-rings
- ½ t (2.5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 1 wheel of feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
- ¼ cup (60 ml) pitted green olives (optional)
- rocket leaves or chives
Snip off a corner of the Beetroot pack and measure out ¼ cup (60 ml) of the marinade.
Mix it with the yoghurt and spread it out on a rimmed plate.
Top with the beetroot and add the onion lightly seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning.
Sprinkle the crumbled feta over. Add green olives, and/or if available rocket/chives leaves.