Spinach and Blue Cheese Salad with Sesame Seeds
This recipe will double up well. When sesame seeds are toasted they impart a bacon-like flavour to food. A lovely salad for vegetarians and meat eaters alike.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 punnet of baby spinach leaves, well washed and spun dry
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of sesame seeds
- ½ cup (125 ml) Ina Paarman's Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- 100g creamy blue cheese
- blue violets for garnish (optional)
Place the spinach leaves in a sinkful of cold water and leave to soak. Toast the sesame seeds by shaking them in a dry heavy based or nonstick fry-pan over medium high heat.*
Spin the leaves dry and toss them with the Dressing to coat. Dish into a salad bowl. Crumble blue cheese over and scatter with sesame seeds and violets. Serve.
* Pre-prepare up to this point.