Stir-fry Fillet with Spring Vegetables
We have used beef fillet for this recipe and it illustrates perfectly how a small amount of meat gives great flavour if combined with lots of fresh vegetables, a good sauce and the right seasonings. I have tested this stir-fry method many times, do follow the prescribed method to the letter.
YOU WILL NEED
- 250 – 300 g beef steak, pork fillet or chicken breast fillets
- 1 T (15 ml) cornstarch (maizena)
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Honey & Soy Coat & Cook Sauce
- canola oil
- 1 punnet pak-choi, cut in half lengthways
- 1 punnet (100 g) green asparagus, cut in half
- 1 punnet (100 g) sugar snap peas, cut in half across
- 1 punnet (135 g) baby corn, cut in half lengthways
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- 1 T (15 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 2 small red chillies, finely sliced
- Ina Paarman’s Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 300 g udon noodles or any other long noodles of your choice
- 1 bunch of spring onions, cut into thirds on the diagonal
Slice meat thinly across the grain and place in a medium bowl.
Sprinkle over cornstarch, 1 T (15 ml) Honey & Soy Sauce, and 1 T (15 ml) canola oil and toss to coat the meat.
Prepare all the vegetables, toss with 2 T (30 ml) canola oil (keep the pak-choi separate and also toss with a little oil).
Put ¼ cup (60 ml) of water into the wok or large frying pan, bring to the boil and add the vegetables except the pak-choi.
Cover with a lid and steam vegetables for 5 minutes. Decant the wilted vegetables into a big mixing bowl.
Season to taste with Vegetable Spice. Don’t wash the pan. Add pak-choi and steam for 3 minutes. Add to steamed vegetables.
Cook the noodles according to pack instructions. Keep on one side.
Add 3 T (45 ml) of canola oil to the wok and heat on medium high.
Swipe steak through the oil and arrange slices in a single layer on the sides of the wok, cook, undisturbed, until undersides are browned, about 3 minutes.
Stir-fry steak with the aromatics for another minute or two. Add Garlic Pepper Seasoning to taste.
Add the remaining Honey & Soy Sauce. Add par-cooked vegetables and cooked noodles and warm through.
Top with spring onions and serve.