Tabbooleh Salad (Parsley, Tomato and Bulgar)
Tabbooleh is normally served with firm lettuce leaves e.g. cos lettuce. The leaves are used to scoop up the salad.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) bulgar wheat
- 1 cup (250 ml) hot water
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken Stock Powder
- 3 firm very ripe tomatoes
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 big bunch of fresh parsley, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup (250 ml) mint leaves
- ½ t (2.5 ml) cinnamon
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning
- ½ cup (125 ml) Ina Paarman's Reduced Oil Greek Dressing
- 1 punnet cos lettuce
Cover the bulgar wheat with hot water, add Chicken Stock Powder and leave to soak for 20 minutes. Drain off surplus water in a sieve. Place in a mixing bowl. Halve the tomatoes, slice and then dice the tomatoes into ½ cm x ½ cm cubes and add to bulgar wheat.
Slice the spring onions with green tops and add.
Chop the stemmed parsley and the mint leaves and add. Mix together the cinnamon and Lemon & Black Pepper Seasoning. Sprinkle spice mix over the salad. Add Dressing and turn with two spoons until well tossed. Serve and eat with lettuce leaves.