Tagliatelle with No-Cook Puttanesca Sauce
A delicious, robust Italian style favourite.
YOU WILL NEED
- 300 g tagliatelle
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- 1 x 400 g Ina Paarman’s Roast Pepper Pasta Sauce
- 200 g baby tomatoes, cut in half
- Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- ½ cup (125 ml) Kalamata olives, pipped and halved
- 50 g anchovies in oil, roughly chopped (optional for vegetarians)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- ¼ cup (60 ml) parsley, chopped
- 2 T (30 ml) caper berries (optional)
Cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Drain, reserve ½ cup (125 ml) of pasta water.
Return pasta to the pot, toss with olive oil and Chilli & Garlic Seasoning.
In a medium size mixing bowl decant the Roast Pepper Pasta Sauce.
Add the reserved ½ cup (125 ml) of pasta water to the jar and shake to dislodge all the sauce.
Add to mixing bowl. Add halved tomatoes seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning.
Add olives, anchovies and their oil. Toss to mix.
Mix all the gremolata ingredients together.
Dish spaghetti into individual plates, top with sauce and sprinkle with gremolata and caper berries if using.