Thai-Style Chicken on Spinach Tagliatelle
Quick, easy and delicious. The coconut cream makes a big difference, and remember, left over coconut cream will freeze very successfully.
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 T (30 ml) cornflour
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Masala Spice
- canola oil
- ½ cup (125 ml) white wine (optional)
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 x 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Chicken Stock
- ½ cup (125 ml) coconut cream
- 1 T (15 ml) Ina Paarman's Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman's Coriander Pesto
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 400 g spinach tagliatelle
- olive oil
- Ina Paarman's Pasta Spice
Slice the chicken breasts into 4, slightly on the diagonal, across the grain. Measure the cornflour and Masala Spice into a plastic bag. Add the chicken and shake well to coat. Add about 2 T (30 ml) canola oil to a non-stick pan. Warm and swivel to coat the base. Briefly fry the chicken pieces on both sides. Do this in two batches. Remove to a separate plate. Do not wash the pan.
Add the wine to the pan and boil over high heat until reduced out to 2 – 3 tablespoons. Add water, Liquid Chicken Stock and coconut cream. Bring to the boil and add Pestos, garlic and chilli. Boil open for one minute to concentrate flavours. Add chicken and any juices that might have leaked out. Remove from heat and cover with a lid. Cook the pasta in unsalted water until done to your preference. Drain. Return pasta to the pot, toss with a little olive oil and Pasta Spice.
Dish the pasta into deep plates. Spoon chicken and sauce over. Garnish with fresh coriander if you have some available.